Email signature with embeded picture company logo

Romario debisarun

Sep 5, 2013, 6:37:25 AM9/5/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

We want to setup a email signature for our users. This signature needs to have a company logo.
I am not able to figure this out how to make this possible.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Romario Debisarun

Jay Lee

Sep 5, 2013, 7:57:29 AM9/5/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Set the signature up as you would like it for one user in the Gmail settings. Then run:

gam user <user email> show sig > company-sig.txt

this will download the signature and save it to company-sig.txt with the HTML formatting. Then you can run:

gam user <other user email> sig file company-sig.txt

to update the signature for another user to match. You can even do:

gam all users sig file company-sig.txt

to set the signature for all users in Google Apps. If you want to customize the sig per-user (name, title, dept, etc) you'll need to figure out how to modify the company-sig.txt for each user and then run the commands in batch.

Regards,

Jay Lee
Large Customer Deployment Lead   |  Dito

Jay Vichyavichien

Dec 11, 2014, 12:45:33 AM12/11/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com, j...@ditoweb.com
Hi Jay,

I executed the first line of command trying to get the company-sig.txt and here what gam said. 0 byte company-sig.txt was created though.

*************************************************************************************************************************
C:\gam>gam user jv...@nurbsfactor.com show sig > company-sig.txt
Error: 600: Unknown Error: {'status': 403, 'body': '<HTML>\n<HEAD>\n<TITLE>Domai
n cannot use API.</TITLE>\n</HEAD>\n<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000">\n<H1
>Domain cannot use API.</H1>\n<H2>Error 403</H2>\n</BODY>\n</HTML>\n', 'reason':
 'Domain cannot use API.'}User jv...@nurbsfactor.com signature:
*************************************************************************************************************************

Could you please tell me what I have done wrong. Why it didn't generate the txt file like you explained.

Thank you
Best Regards,
Jay Vichyavichien

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 6:37 AM, Romario debisarun <r.deb...@usd.nl> wrote:
Hi there,

We want to setup a email signature for our users. This signature needs to have a company logo.
I am not able to figure this out how to make this possible.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Romario Debisarun

Leurs Dries

Dec 16, 2014, 4:49:15 AM12/16/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
You can add an signature with following command: gam csv signature.csv gam user ~Mail signature ~Handtekening

 (using a csv file).

For the company logo you can use a footer (in your google management panel).

Thats how i did it

Amir M

Jun 3, 2015, 7:14:31 AM6/3/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm also having a problem with setting up company sign for all users. I've already created the template with all the details including logos & icons.
Is it possible to put a dynamic field on the sign.txt file to make it per-user (name, title, dept.) without having to use csv file?
Message has been deleted

Lee Setford

Jun 11, 2015, 5:19:06 AM6/11/15
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
This is how I did it.

If someone knows how to dynamically pull job title information from GAM or AD and incorporate it I would be very interested to hear about that.

Gonzalo Agüero

Oct 18, 2016, 3:50:24 PM10/18/16
to GAM for G Suite, j...@ditoweb.com
Hi Jay Lee,
1st thanks a lot for your tool looks really powerful and your support is very appreciated.

When following the instruction:
gam user <user email> show sig > company-sig.txt

I am not getting the download but instead user "user@domain", Does not exist

I tried with 3 different users on the domain already, maybe is sumthing you might know is not working correctly?

Thanks in advance, btw latest version(3.72) didnt work for(modules missing while compiling) me so i went back to 3.71 and im in. :)

El jueves, 5 de septiembre de 2013, 6:57:29 (UTC-5), Jay Lee escribió:
[...]

P Por favor considere el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este correo electrónico

Ross Scroggs

Oct 18, 2016, 4:24:25 PM10/18/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Gonzalo,

Do: gam info user <user email>
What output do you get?

What modules were missing when you tried Gam 3.72?

Ross

P Por favor considere el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este correo electrónico

Gonzalo Agüero

Oct 19, 2016, 12:58:07 PM10/19/16
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross!

When:

C:\gam>gam info user gon...@gonzaloaguero.info
First Name: Gonzalo
Last Name: Agüero
Is a Super Admin: True
Is Delegated Admin: False
Has Agreed to Terms: True
IP Whitelisted: False
Account Suspended: False
Must Change Password: False
Google Unique ID: 108289451265890646953
Customer ID: C00lj0ecj
Mailbox is setup: True
Included in GAL: True
Creation Time: 2016-10-04T22:29:34.000Z
Last login time: 2016-10-18T17:03:49.000Z
Google Org Unit Path: /

Non-Editable Aliases:
Licenses:
 Google-Apps-For-Business
 Google-Vault

I uninstall the 3.71, is it safe to go back again to 3.72 ?

Cheers

PS: when trying to push signatures for my 13 test user accounts... GAM do find them, but when trying to write on then it cant then say "Dont exist"  also y tried the command to download the html signature but i got this txt files empty(3 attempts) , yup by the way i placed a signature before :P
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-apps-manager+unsub...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/87118834-2a87-4b02-861b-a14dc1f28bd1%40googlegroups.com.

P Por favor considere el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este correo electrónico

Ross Scroggs

Oct 19, 2016, 1:11:13 PM10/19/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Gonzalo,

OK, we've confirmed that the user exists.
What does this do: gam user gon...@gonzaloaguero.info show signature

What version are you testing with?

Ross

P Por favor considere el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este correo electrónico

P Por favor considere el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este correo electrónico

Bert Van den Bosch

Nov 16, 2016, 2:38:37 PM11/16/16
to GAM for G Suite
I had a similar problem, but fixed it:
The "easiest" way to fix it:
- in https://console.developers.google.com/apis, delete your GAM project
- remove GAM on your computer (if you used the .msi installer)
- setup GAM again (via the .msi installer)
When you get to the point of copying your client ID and secret question: TRIM THE LEADING SPACES of the client ID and secret question. Google adds a space BEFORE and AFTER the ID and secret (copy and paste ID and secret in a text editor (notepad, sublime,...) and you'll see it clearly)

(perhaps there is another way of updating ID and secret in GAM without uninstalling everything first, my guess would be to edit the "client_secrets.json" and/or "oauth2service.json" file in your GAM-folder on your pc)

Hope this helps...

When following the instruction: