Adding Default Routing via GAM?

Superdave67

May 6, 2019, 1:07:10 PM5/6/19
to GAM for G Suite
I need to create a number of Default Routing rules to redirect their email addresses to external recipients (while keeping the original sender).  Is there a way to add 100+ Defaulting Routing rules via GAM?

Thanks all.

Ross Scroggs

May 6, 2019, 1:23:53 PM5/6/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

gam <UserTypeEntity> [create|add] sendas <EmailAddress> <Name> [signature|sig <String>|(file <FileName> [charset <Charset>]) (replace <Tag> <String>)*] [html] [replyto <EmailAddress>] [default] [treatasalias <Boolean>]

        [smtpmsa.host <SMTPHostName> smtpmsa.port 25|465|587 smtpmsa.username <UserName> smtpmsa.password <Password> [smtpmsa.securitymode none|ssl|starttls]]

It's the smtpmsa options that you want.

Try on one user, does it work?

Ross

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 10:07 AM Superdave67 <david.cu...@gmail.com> wrote:
I need to create a number of Default Routing rules to redirect their email addresses to external recipients (while keeping the original sender).  Is there a way to add 100+ Defaulting Routing rules via GAM?

Thanks all.

Superdave67

May 6, 2019, 1:46:48 PM5/6/19
to GAM for G Suite
That doesn't look like that'll do what I'm needing.

The routing I'm needing is for over 150 addresses that currently (and won't) exist.  We don't want to use/waste a license on these since we're simply redirecting them.  I tested this by creating a Default Routing rule for one and it worked perfectly... Apps>G Suite>Gmail>Default routing: ADD SETTING.  Redirecting non-existing.address@our_domain.com to other-existing.address@external_domain.com, while preserving the original sender.

For instance... redirecting (as opposed to forwarding) salesf...@xyz.com to 0...@xyz.salesforce.com, while preserving the sender address.  We have over 150 of these, that will all need to be entered as Default Routing rules, unless we can find a way to script it, or at least get them in there without having to manually create 150 of them.  I've tested this with one account, and it works great, just need a lot more.

Hope that makes scents.

Thanks.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 10:07 AM Superdave67 <david.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
I need to create a number of Default Routing rules to redirect their email addresses to external recipients (while keeping the original sender).  Is there a way to add 100+ Defaulting Routing rules via GAM?

Thanks all.

Ross Scroggs

Ross Scroggs

May 6, 2019, 2:00:49 PM5/6/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

In general, there is no API access to settings at the domain level, thus Gam can't help in this case.

Ross

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 10:46 AM Superdave67 <david.cu...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Superdave67

May 6, 2019, 2:28:51 PM5/6/19
to GAM for G Suite
I figured as much, just wanted to confirm.  The intern will be busy for an hour or so. ;-)

Thank you for all your help Ross.

Dave

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 10:46 AM Superdave67 <david.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
That doesn't look like that'll do what I'm needing.

The routing I'm needing is for over 150 addresses that currently (and won't) exist.  We don't want to use/waste a license on these since we're simply redirecting them.  I tested this by creating a Default Routing rule for one and it worked perfectly... Apps>G Suite>Gmail>Default routing: ADD SETTING.  Redirecting non-exist...@our_domain.com to other-exis...@external_domain.com, while preserving the original sender.

[...]

Steve - DynTech

May 6, 2019, 6:59:02 PM5/6/19
to GAM for G Suite
Dave,
A single default routing rule with a regex might work well for this. You'll need just one for each destination address. The

(user1|user2|user3(\+.*)*)@(domain|alias)\.(com|co\.uk|es)

Screenshot 2019-05-06 at 17.58.26.png