Getting Sites for all users failing with Error: 600

Ian Hyzy

Jul 18, 2018, 5:20:13 PM7/18/18
to GAM for G Suite
I'm trying to use the following command to get a list of all sites:

gam all users print sites > output.txt

After running for a few users it fails with

ERROR: 600 - Unknown Error: {'status': 401, 'body': '<HTML>\n<HEAD>\n<TITLE>Service &lt;jotspot&gt; disabled by G Suite admin.</TITLE>\n</HEAD>\n<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000">\n<H1>Service &lt;jotspot&gt; disabled by G Suite admin.</H1>\n<H2>Error 401</H2>\n</BODY>\n</HTML>\n', 'reason': 'Service <jotspot> disabled by G Suite admin.'}

Is there a better way to do this? Also, is there a way to get the output data into a file on Windows? I'm noticing output.txt is blank whenever I try this.

Zachary Tyler Raposo

Jul 18, 2018, 5:50:24 PM7/18/18
to GAM for G Suite
I recently had to do this myself not too long ago. I installed GAMADV-X and used: gam print sites domains domainname.com includeallsites withmappings roles owners maxresults 10000 > C:/Users/username/Desktop/filename.csv. Might be an easier way to do it but this is what I was able to use to get a list of all sites with site owners.

Ian Hyzy

Jul 18, 2018, 7:23:35 PM7/18/18
to GAM for G Suite
That worked for classic sites, but now I'm curious as to why it doesn't work for the New Sites method:

gam all users print filelist fields id,title query "mimeType='application/vnd.google-apps.site'" > output.csv

produces a blank file, and it stops at about 1600 entries with no message instead of going through all users.

Zachary Raposo

Jul 18, 2018, 7:29:44 PM7/18/18
to GAM for G Suite
Unfortunately, from what I heard it works on old gSites but for new Google Sites they do not have APIs to be able to retrieve that information.

Ian Hyzy

Jul 19, 2018, 5:22:54 PM7/19/18
to GAM for G Suite
New Sites appear as drive files and following command turns them up, I just can't get it to write to a file:

gam all users print filelist fields id,title query "mimeType='application/vnd.google-apps.site'" > output.csv

Ross Scroggs

Jul 19, 2018, 5:32:22 PM7/19/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ian,

What version of Gam do you have: gam version

Ross

Ian Hyzy

Jul 19, 2018, 5:33:32 PM7/19/18
to GAM for G Suite
Sorry, should have posted that first:

Ross Scroggs <ross.s...@gmail.com>
Python 2.7.14 64-bit final
google-api-python-client 1.7.3
oauth2client 4.1.2
Windows-10-10.0.17134 AMD64

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 6:29:44 PM UTC-5, Zachary Raposo wrote:
Unfortunately, from what I heard it works on old gSites but for new Google Sites they do not have APIs to be able to retrieve that information.

Ross Scroggs

Jul 19, 2018, 6:00:01 PM7/19/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ian,

I can duplicate the problem; it's an error I haven't seen before, I'll release a version tonight that handles it.

Ross