Automatic Removed Signature

Alvin Agato

Jan 21, 2019, 2:26:45 AM1/21/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hi,

We do bulk renaming of email address and adding of alias using GAM. Unfortunately after doing the those activities in GAM, all signature in Settings had been removed.

Is this natural on GAM?

Thanks,

Ross Scroggs

Jan 21, 2019, 9:18:54 AM1/21/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Alvin,

This has nothing to do with GAM it is a Google feature.
See the third point under Gmail.

Steve - DynTech

Jan 21, 2019, 7:13:41 PM1/21/19
to GAM for G Suite
Alvin - What you will want to do is to get the email signature of the user under their alias username, then apply that to the new primary email of the user. Updating references to their old emails in the signature as part of the process.

You might find this document useful

Alvin Agato

Jan 21, 2019, 8:25:20 PM1/21/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the provided link procedure. Unfortunately that is not our main concern, because we experience the automatically removed Signature in Gmail after doing GAM.

What we need to check is if there is a relation on doing the GAM on the automatically removed of all their signature.

Thanks,

Alvin Agato

Functional Consultant | IPC (IP Converge Data Services, Inc.)

alvin...@ipc.ph | www.ipc.ph | www.cloud.com.ph

Trunkline: (+632) 848 8700 Ext 8032 | Mobile: (+63) 999 226 4757

Facebook  •  Twitter  •  LinkedIn  •  Google+  •  Instagram •  Youtube

Steve - DynTech

Jan 21, 2019, 10:08:52 PM1/21/19
to GAM for G Suite
A direct rename of a user without adding the old address as a sendas will make the old signature look like it's gone. It's not though. In your case, seeing that you've renamed everyone already. Just add that sendas back to their account that the old signature should appear and then you can grab the old and update the new.

gam user user...@new-domain.com sendas username@old-domain "My User"

Alvin Agato

Jan 21, 2019, 11:58:30 PM1/21/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the provided information.

Actually I did not renamed everybody. I just renamed 34 out of 2000 plus email accounts, but unfortunately after I did it send mail as has been removed. Actually what do I need to do next is to rename the remaining email account to new domain, and the new email address will be their alias email account. Is the signature will be still removed, even if the send mail as/alias will be the primary login?

Regards,

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 11:08 AM Steve - DynTech <st...@dyntech.co.uk> wrote:
A direct rename of a user without adding the old address as a sendas will make the old signature look like it's gone. It's not though. In your case, seeing that you've renamed everyone already. Just add that sendas back to their account that the old signature should appear and then you can grab the old and update the new.

gam user user...@new-domain.com sendas username@old-domain "My User"

Steve - DynTech

Jan 22, 2019, 5:12:08 PM1/22/19
to GAM for G Suite
You've mentioned some conflicting info. If you have an email set as the send mail as/alias this can not be the primary login. It does not need to be the default email used on their account but an alias can't be a primary login. What you likely want to do is...

gam update user user...@new-domain.com sendas user...@old-domain.com "User Name" default

This will result in the user logging in with their new-domain.com address but sending by default as their old-domain.com address. And thus preserving their old signature in the settings.