printing allfields with custom schema

Chuck Mellin

Oct 24, 2016, 6:30:19 PM10/24/16
to GAM for G Suite

Hi All,

I just updated to v3.72 and my first task is retrieving a current list of students. This command appears to have worked last year on v3.51:

gam print users allfields custom all > all_users.csv

But now output is missing the allfields data. It literally starts with the comma, followed by the custom schema fields only (not even listing the username). I get the same issue if I use the schema by name instead of all.

If I do just allfields (not custom all) it works fine. Likewise, if I do just custom all (not allfields) or just custom <schemaName> I get the username followed by the custom schema data. It used to work with both together.

Is there a new syntax I need to use with v3.72 to get allfields and custom schemas all in one csv?

-Chuck

Ross Scroggs

Oct 24, 2016, 8:17:11 PM10/24/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Chuck,

Try: gam print users full > all_users.csv

Ross

Chuck Mellin

Oct 25, 2016, 9:09:48 AM10/25/16
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately gam print users full gives me the same effect as using allfields (no custom fields). I also just tried: gam print users full custom StudentData
But that gave the same issue as above with gam print users allfields custom StudentData

Chuck

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Chuck Mellin <ga...@bzlcs.net> wrote:

Hi All,

I just updated to v3.72 and my first task is retrieving a current list of students. This command appears to have worked last year on v3.51:

gam print users allfields custom all > all_users.csv

But now output is missing the allfields data. It literally starts with the comma, followed by the custom schema fields only (not even listing the username). I get the same issue if I use the schema by name instead of all.

If I do just allfields (not custom all) it works fine. Likewise, if I do just custom all (not allfields) or just custom <schemaName> I get the username followed by the custom schema data. It used to work with both together.

Is there a new syntax I need to use with v3.72 to get allfields and custom schemas all in one csv?

-Chuck

Ross Scroggs

Oct 25, 2016, 9:37:29 AM10/25/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Chuck,,

gam print users full > users.csv
These are the headers I get in users.csv

primaryEmail,addresses.0.formatted,addresses.0.primary,addresses.0.sourceIsStructured,addresses.0.type,addresses.1.country,addresses.1.customType,addresses.1.locality,addresses.1.poBox,addresses.1.postalCode,addresses.1.region,addresses.1.streetAddress,addresses.1.type,agreedToTerms,aliases.0,aliases.1,aliases.10,aliases.11,aliases.12,aliases.13,aliases.14,aliases.15,aliases.16,aliases.17,aliases.2,aliases.3,aliases.4,aliases.5,aliases.6,aliases.7,aliases.8,aliases.9,changePasswordAtNextLogin,creationTime,customSchemas.OfficeInfo.Building,customSchemas.OfficeInfo.LanDrop.0.type,customSchemas.OfficeInfo.LanDrop.0.value,customSchemas.OfficeInfo.LanDrop.1.type,customSchemas.OfficeInfo.LanDrop.1.value,customSchemas.OfficeInfo.LanDrop.2.type,customSchemas.OfficeInfo.LanDrop.2.value,customSchemas.OfficeInfo.LanDrop.3.customType,customSchemas.OfficeInfo.LanDrop.3.type,customSchemas.OfficeInfo.LanDrop.3.value,customSchemas.OfficeInfo.RoomNumber,customSchemas.TestRS.Role.0.type,customSchemas.TestRS.Role.0.value,customSchemas.TestRS.Role.1.type,customSchemas.TestRS.Role.1.value,customSchemas.TestRS.Role.2.type,customSchemas.TestRS.Role.2.value,customSchemas.TestRS.Role.3.customType,customSchemas.TestRS.Role.3.type,customSchemas.TestRS.Role.3.value,customerId,emails.0.address,emails.0.customType,emails.0.primary,emails.0.type,emails.1.address,emails.1.primary,emails.10.address,emails.11.address,emails.11.primary,emails.12.address,emails.13.address,emails.14.address,emails.15.address,emails.16.address,emails.17.address,emails.18.address,emails.2.address,emails.2.primary,emails.3.address,emails.3.primary,emails.4.address,emails.5.address,emails.6.address,emails.6.primary,emails.7.address,emails.8.address,emails.9.address,externalIds.0.customType,externalIds.0.type,externalIds.0.value,externalIds.1.customType,externalIds.1.type,externalIds.1.value,id,ims.0.customProtocol,ims.0.customType,ims.0.im,ims.0.protocol,ims.0.type,ims.1.customProtocol,ims.1.customType,ims.1.im,ims.1.primary,ims.1.protocol,ims.1.type,includeInGlobalAddressList,ipWhitelisted,isAdmin,isDelegatedAdmin,isMailboxSetup,lastLoginTime,name.familyName,name.fullName,name.givenName,notes.value,orgUnitPath,organizations.0.costCenter,organizations.0.customType,organizations.0.department,organizations.0.description,organizations.0.domain,organizations.0.location,organizations.0.name,organizations.0.primary,organizations.0.symbol,organizations.0.title,organizations.0.type,organizations.1.customType,organizations.1.name,phones.0.primary,phones.0.type,phones.0.value,phones.1.customType,phones.1.type,phones.1.value,relations.0.customType,relations.0.type,relations.0.value,relations.1.customType,relations.1.type,relations.1.value,suspended,suspensionReason,thumbnailPhotoEtag,thumbnailPhotoUrl,websites.0.primary,websites.0.type,websites.0.value,websites.1.customType,websites.1.type,websites.1.value

Ross

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.

Chuck Mellin

Oct 25, 2016, 12:13:23 PM10/25/16
to GAM for G Suite
Ahh... <facepalm> You're right. I needed to slow down and read the entire row.

gam print users full gives me the results I used to get with gam print users allfields custom all

Thanks Ross!

-Chuck