How to create a posters only list

BGM

Jul 1, 2013, 11:24:06 PM7/1/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
How can I create a group of addresses of people who can post to a lot of places without receiving the messages?

Say I have a user with two email addresses.
He should be able to post to either mailing list but only receive mail at one address.

How can I do this?

Graham Ingleby

Jul 2, 2013, 5:03:08 AM7/2/13
to GAM group
Join the user to both groups

On the group they only want to post to, set the preferences as Read On The Web

On the group they want the messages from set to Receive Individual Messages

Best regards,

Graham Ingleby
Cloud Computing Consultant

T: 01344 203395
T: 0845 2626 747 (switchboard)
T: 0845 2626 750 (support)
F: 0845 2626 748
E: ging...@ancoris.com
W: www.ancoris.com

Ancoris Limited, Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by Postini / Google Message Security. This message is for the named person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Ancoris reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Ancoris Limited, Registered in England Number: 04830784, Registered address: 5a Frascati Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UY. Trading Address: Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ

BGM

Jul 2, 2013, 9:34:29 AM7/2/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
In GAM, is that
gam update group reports@acme.com settings allow_web_posting false
and,
I don't see any setting for "Receive Individual Messages"

(thanks for answering!)

On 2 July 2013 04:24, BGM <brother.ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
How can I create a group of addresses of people who can post to a lot of places without receiving the messages?

Say I have a user with two email addresses.
He should be able to post to either mailing list but only receive mail at one address.

How can I do this?

BGM

Jul 2, 2013, 9:56:40 AM7/2/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Also, I want to make these settings for an entire group.
That way, on my several lists, I can add a group as the owner of the list, and those folks will not receive any messages, but can post and manage the lists.  To receive the messages, I would add them as members.

Can I do that?

[...]

Graham Ingleby

Jul 2, 2013, 10:04:56 AM7/2/13
to GAM group
No, you need to change the settings for the user, not for the whole group

So on this page, you can see how each user is getting the individual emails (assuming you have Google Groups for Business enabled)

(obviously substituting your_domain.com and group_name as appropriate)

this is where you need to make the changes in each group

Best regards,

Graham Ingleby
Cloud Computing Consultant

T: 01344 203395
T: 0845 2626 747 (switchboard)
T: 0845 2626 750 (support)
F: 0845 2626 748
E: ging...@ancoris.com
W: www.ancoris.com

Ancoris Limited, Lily Hill House, Lily Hill Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 2SJ

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-manager.

BGM

Jul 2, 2013, 10:23:35 AM7/2/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
So, you say that there is no way to create a "Posters Only" group - and that I would have to manage each user separately?

If I have 20 addresses that I'd like to make into posters only (that don't receive messages) for 10 groups, then is there no way but to manager the users separately for each group?  That's a lot of work, and tedious to remember across the board.

BGM

Jul 2, 2013, 10:32:02 AM7/2/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I see now.  Thanks to y'all's help, I see that I can do it through the control panel.

I created a group called "administrators" and added the group as a user of "mygroup".
Then, in the Control Panel I did "manage members" and found the "administrators" group.
Then, in the actions button, I found:
Change delivery settings: no email
Set posting permission: allow posting

Now I have a posters-only group.