Daylight savings time and gam calendar create event

John Utsey

Aug 9, 2022, 10:34:28 PM8/9/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi,

When I insert events on other calendars, I use a csv file, and format the time as YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS-HH:MM as per the documentation, and everything looks good, until I get into November after Daylight Savings ends, then all my events are an hour early.

I tried it with the start time set as
  • 2022-11-07T08:45:00-06:00 timezone "America/Denver"
  • 2022-11-07T08:45:00-06:00
  • 2022-11-07T08:45:00Z timezone "America/Denver"
  • 2022-11-07T08:45:00Z
The timezone doesn't seem to affect the time of the event.
The Zulu time events both appeared at 1:45 AM
The -06:00 off set times both appear at 7:45 AM not 08:45 AM
Is there a way to tell the event to be at 08:45 no matter if it is before or after Daylight Savings time? I guess, I don't want the event anchored to Zulu time. I'd like it anchored to 08:45

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
 John

Ben Owen

Aug 10, 2022, 3:51:19 PM8/10/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

I ran into this a few years ago, and my solution was to have a different offset depending on when the events occur. I use your second format above, so for me in the Central time zone I would do:

  • 2022-08-10T 08:45:00-05:00 - For events between now - Nov 5
  • 2022-11-07T08:45:00-06:00 -  For events between Nov 6 - March 11, 2023
Hope this helps - Ben

Ben Owen
Technology Director
The Oak Hill School