Moving google account messages to google group

Dennis M

Apr 30, 2020, 11:40:02 AM4/30/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hello!

We have a few shared accounts, that would be much better as groups. In most cases I just delete the account and make the group and go on. In this case we want to save the message from the account to the groups archive.

I found the google group migration API.  So im hoping gam has this feature and i just could not find it

Thanks!

Jay Lee

Apr 30, 2020, 11:41:59 AM4/30/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
GAM does not do data migration but you can use GYB for this:

This message contains information which may be confidential and/or protected by attorney-client privilege.  Unless you are the addressee, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this message in error, please send me an email and delete this message.   Thank you.

Ross Scroggs

Apr 30, 2020, 12:08:54 PM4/30/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Jay Lee

Apr 30, 2020, 12:13:54 PM4/30/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ross,

 I don't believe your version does full export of a mailbox and then re-import via Groups Migration API, this is what GYB is doing:

Dennis M

Apr 30, 2020, 2:54:39 PM4/30/20
to GAM for G Suite
Thank you both!

I got it working with GYB. Found it a little bit after posting.