Restrict Group "none_can_post" / "Archive True"

Jared Mayer

Aug 16, 2017, 8:14:29 PM8/16/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross and Jay Lee,

Attempting to restrict some groups to Who_Can_Post_Message to "None_Can_Post".  However, it errors and says I need to set Archive_Only to True which errors stating to change None_Can_Post.

gam update group test who_can_post_message none_can_post

ERROR: 400: Invalid attribute value: whoCanPostMessages=NONE_CAN_POST. To set PostPermissions to NONE_CAN_POST, please use enable ArchiveOnly mode. - invalid

gam update group test archive_only true

ERROR: 400: Inconsistent Input: If archiveOnly is true then PostPermission can only be NONE_CAN_POST - invalid

Neverending circle. Using GAM ADVX 4.45 and also normal GAM 4.23. Any ideas? Wanting to stop some Groups/distributionlists from receiving future emails. What am I missing?

Cheers
Jared

Jay Lee

Aug 16, 2017, 8:35:21 PM8/16/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Try setting them at the same time:

gam update group test who_can_post_message none_can_post archive_only true

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please respect that confidentiality and do not disclose, copy or make use of its contents. If received in error, please destroy this email and contact the sender immediately. Thank you.

Jared Mayer