Add Calendar but prevent Email

James SEYMOUR

Apr 27, 2022, 4:36:03 AM4/27/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi,

I can add someone to a calendar using

gam calendar <Calendar Email Address> add acls reader <User Email Address>

But this still needs the user to click on the Add this calendar link in an email they then receive.

Is there a way to add them directly and bypass this email? Like when delegating a mail account to a user.

Cheers

James

NEWMAN, P

Apr 27, 2022, 7:58:19 AM4/27/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,
I have just come across this problem, my solution was as follows.
gam calendar <Calendar Email Address> add acls reader <User Email Address> sendnotifications false
that will add them as a reader but not tell them about it.
then you run
gam user <User Email Address> add calendar <Calendar Email Address> selected true
which turns the Calendar on for them.
I'm sure there is a way to do this in one hit but this works.
HTH
Piers

Jerudong International School
https://www.jerudonginternationalschool.com
Follow us on:
http://www.facebook.com/jisbruneidarussalam http://www.twitter.com/jisbrunei http://www.instagram.com/jisbrunei https://www.youtube.com/user/JISBrunei https://www.flickr.com/photos/133960569@N03/albums

Piers Newman

Network Technician

James SEYMOUR

Apr 27, 2022, 9:50:16 PM4/27/22