Malwarebytes is flagging MSI as Adware.IStartSurf (version 4.32 and later)

Browlry

Dec 17, 2018, 5:10:09 PM12/17/18
to GAM for G Suite
Just today, Malwarebytes suddenly flagged gam-4.32-windows-x64.msi, gam-4.40-windows-x64.msi, gam-4.61-windows-x64.msi, and gam-4.65-windows-x64.msi as malware (Adware.IStartSurf). I'm guessing this is a false positive, since gam-4.32-windows-x64.msi has been sitting in my Downloads folder since October 2017, and nothing else got flagged. Is there something that needs to be changed in the MSI so it doesn't look as suspicious? What are you using to create the MSI?

gamInstallerDetectedByMalwarebytes.png

Browlry

Dec 20, 2018, 12:03:17 PM12/20/18
to GAM for G Suite
I sent these installers to Malwarebyte's support team, and they confirmed that these were false positives, so this should be resolved now.

Jay Lee

Dec 20, 2018, 12:04:37 PM12/20/18
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for following up on this.