how to delete alias a bulk

Rodrigo Mendes Pasini

Feb 14, 2017, 12:45:30 PM2/14/17
to GAM for G Suite
All users have a domain alias that I need to exclude.
How can I do to exclude everyone?

Tanks!

Ian Crew

Feb 14, 2017, 12:59:20 PM2/14/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Is what you've got now a domain alias (as described at https://support.google.com/a/answer/53295?hl=en) or an alias that's applied to each user's account (as described at https://support.google.com/domains/answer/6304345?hl=en)?

If it's a domain alias, you don't need GAM: you can just remove the domain alias.

Ian

___
Ian Crew

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor
University of California, Berkeley

Rodrigo Mendes Pasini

Feb 14, 2017, 2:08:45 PM2/14/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ian.
A domain alias was created, then it was deleted and included as a secondary domain.
Now I can not delete, as it accuses active aliases, and they are actually active on all accounts.
There was a problem in this process and the aliases were active in all 500 email accounts.
In short, it is now no longer a domain alias but a secondary domain.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 9:45 AM Rodrigo Mendes Pasini <t...@spadassobrancelhas.com.br> wrote:
All users have a domain alias that I need to exclude.
How can I do to exclude everyone?

Tanks!

Ross Scroggs

Feb 14, 2017, 2:37:59 PM2/14/17
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Rodrigo,

On a test user, do: gam info user test...@domain.com
There should be a section labelled: Email Aliases:
Is the alias for the secondary domain you want to delete shown?
If so, do: gam delete alias test...@secdomain.com
If this works, then the following steps will do the bulk delete.

Do: gam print aliases > aliases.csv
This gives you a CSV file with three columns:

Alias,Target,TargetType

Edit aliases.csv and delete all rows that contain aliases that you want to keep.

Then do: gam csv aliases.csv gam delete alias "~Alias"

Ross

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 11:08 AM, Rodrigo Mendes Pasini <t...@spadassobrancelhas.com.br> wrote:
[...]

Rodrigo Mendes Pasini

Feb 15, 2017, 4:40:11 AM2/15/17