How to define managers for a group?

BGM

Jul 28, 2012, 12:16:59 PM7/28/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Salvete!  I am new to gam and new to this forum.  I have my gam working and my group settings enabled, so I can add groups and users as I like.

Now, I see here in the wiki that you can control who is able to post to the list, and can choose all_managers_can_post, however, I don't see any way to use gam to designate managers!  I know that on the web-gui, if you go to the groups list, and in your group settings where the members show, you can change them from user to owner or manager.  But I tried to add a user as manager using gam, but it didn't work.

Thus, you can do this:  gam update group test add owner somebody
but not this:  gam update group test add manager somebody

Am I missing something?

BGM

Jul 28, 2012, 12:33:42 PM7/28/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I just found this post.  I guess that means I'm not missing anything.  Too bad!  What's the big difference between assigning a manager or assigning an owner anyway?

Jay Lee

Jul 30, 2012, 7:42:58 AM7/30/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Owners have full rights to modify all settings of the group, managers are generally more limited to managing posts and members.

Regards,

Jay Lee
LCS Deployment Lead   |  ⚡ Dito

BGM

Jul 30, 2012, 11:02:31 AM7/30/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Okay, well, why can't we add a manager then via GAM?

Jay Lee

Jul 30, 2012, 11:08:52 AM7/30/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
The reason is in that thread you linked to. There's no Google API call to assign managers thus there's no way for GAM to do it.

Regards,

Jay Lee
LCS Deployment Lead   |  ⚡ Dito

BGM