Can you export a list of contacts?

Oscar Reinosa

Apr 15, 2020, 8:02:59 PM4/15/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hello everyone,

I have a situation where we need to get the number of contacts a G Suite user has in order to confirm if they're missing contacts or not. We recently migrated from a legacy email platform to Google and some end users have reached me stating they're missing contacts. I have the number of contacts they had on the previous platform but I can't really confirm if they have the same number in Google (this is not available in the Admin Console).

Example: john...@domain.com contacts me (domain admin) stating they had 30 contacts before the migration and now they only have 15. Is there a GAM command I can use to check this information? Does anyone know about a workaround for this?

I was thinking on delegating contacts access for each affected account but I wasn't sure if this is a good approach.

Thanks for your help!

James SEYMOUR

Apr 15, 2020, 8:24:20 PM4/15/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Oscar,

gam user <user email address> print contacts countsonly should give you what you want.

There are more examples here https://sites.google.com/jis.edu.bn/gam-commands/people/contacts#h.p_uA5K7-xOzu_c ifg you need to see the actual contacts etc.

Cheers

James

Oscar Reinosa

Apr 17, 2020, 12:07:08 AM4/17/20
to GAM for G Suite
Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I'll give that a try!

Oscar Reinosa

Apr 17, 2020, 12:42:07 PM4/17/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hey James,

I tried the command but it's stating that "contacts" is not a valid parameter. I'm not sure if that "contacts" parameter is not available in the GAM distro I have.

Ross Scroggs

Apr 17, 2020, 12:44:15 PM4/17/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

Oscar Reinosa