Finding Parent IDs for files with more than one location (pre-Shortcuts).

Immanuel Burton

Jul 23, 2021, 9:50:54 AM7/23/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
We have many files in our domain that have more than one location.  These are files that were created before Google rolled out "Shortcuts".

When I look at a file's details in my browser, both locations are shown, for example:

OneFileTwoLocations.jpg
(I have blocked out the name of the person whose name is in the second location.)

When I use the gam command show fileinfo with the file's ID, only one of the above folders is shown in the output as a parent - in this case, it's the first folder in the above screenshot.

How can I get the folder IDs of both locations using gam?  Or am I missing something?

Thank you.

Immanuel Burton.

Brian Kim

Jul 24, 2021, 10:12:25 AM7/24/21
to GAM for Google Workspace
When you are using show fileinfo  command, try using the other user (the one you blocked out). It's possible that you may not be able to see the other parent using the API but displayed to you in Drive UI.