Assigning two forwarding addresses

John Adams

Nov 21, 2022, 11:36:35 AM11/21/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi, folks,

     I'm a bit rattled or I'd probably solve this myself. One of our colleagues died unexpectedly and I've been asked to forward his email to both a direct report of his and to our CIO. I am unable to get forwarding to both of them on at the same time, which just can't be correct. What am I doing wrong?

     John A

Matt Colwell

Nov 21, 2022, 11:42:42 AM11/21/22
to GAM for Google Workspace

Johnnie W Adams

Nov 21, 2022, 11:46:13 AM11/21/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Matt--shows I need to think outside the GAM now and then!

John Adams
Senior Linux/Middleware Administrator  | Information Technology Services
+1-501-916-3010 | jxa...@ualr.edu | http://ualr.edu/itservices
UA Little Rock

Reminder:  IT Services will never ask for your password over the phone or in an email. Always be suspicious of requests for personal information that come via email, even from known contacts.  For more information or to report suspicious email, visit IT Security.

Ross Scroggs

Nov 21, 2022, 11:49:30 AM11/21/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GAM for Google Workspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/CAGfWJCOQLqudAKOV2nRWqupAq5jSi_%2B9TxZpbJ5K_7Va4_L1tw%40mail.gmail.com.

Bassel Massamiri

Nov 21, 2022, 11:57:37 AM11/21/22
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello John,

I have done it in the past by using filters then forwarding the emails coming to this user to other users.

You can create two filters or more as needed.

Regards,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GAM for Google Workspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/CAGfWJCOQLqudAKOV2nRWqupAq5jSi_%2B9TxZpbJ5K_7Va4_L1tw%40mail.gmail.com.

James SEYMOUR

Nov 25, 2022, 1:48:51 AM11/25/22
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hi John,

With forwarding emails you first have to add the forwarding address and then set the forwarding action.

Add forwarding address
gam user <user email address> add forwardingaddress <email address to forward to>

Set a forwarding address
The option in the command can also be archive or delete. And an option command markread can be added.
gam user <user email address> forward on keep <email address to forward to>