GAM Install credentials no more "Other" in application type

Patrick AYMAR

Mar 21, 2020, 2:36:06 PM3/21/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hy,

I try for some time to install GAM for GSuite Domain, I have now 6 projects ...
I have followed lot of tutorial but I always block on one step witch is the creation of the client_secret.json because there no Other in the "Application type" checkbox :
gam-36
Then I can't create the "Other" OAuth 2.0 Client and get my client_secrets.json.
I autorise  "GAM Project Creation" in
Security > API Controls > App Access Control
I am not sure it's a good idea and it is not a "Other" but a web application, anyway it's not working.

Sorry for my poor english

Patrick

Jay Lee

Mar 21, 2020, 4:36:25 PM3/21/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
The screenshot you shared is clearly showing other. Can you share a screenshot of where other is missing?

Patrick AYMAR

Mar 21, 2020, 7:14:37 PM3/21/20
to GAM for G Suite
The screen shot is from https://github.com/jay0lee/GAM/wiki/CreatingClientSecretsFile it's often the problem with Google Apps they change UI and tutos become obsolete very quickly, but docs is update, links are better than screenshots.
I stop pontificate, there is the actual screenshot :

Capture d’écran 2020-03-22 à 00.01.58.png

And no there is no other options
I forget to specify that I have an education domain, but I suppose that today everyone has the same interface, Saas power !
Tanks anyway

Patrick

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020, 2:36 PM Patrick AYMAR <patric...@iut-tours.fr> wrote:
Hy,

I try for some time to install GAM for GSuite Domain, I have now 6 projects ...
I have followed lot of tutorial but I always block on one step witch is the creation of the client_secret.json because there no Other in the "Application type" checkbox :
gam-36
Then I can't create the "Other" OAuth 2.0 Client and get my client_secrets.json.
I autorise  "GAM Project Creation" in
Security > API Controls > App Access Control
I am not sure it's a good idea and it is not a "Other" but a web application, anyway it's not working.

Sorry for my poor english

Patrick

Ross Scroggs

Mar 21, 2020, 7:27:39 PM3/21/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Patrick,

Choose Desktop App

On Mar 21, 2020, at 4:14 PM, Patrick AYMAR <patric...@iut-tours.fr> wrote:

The screen shot is from https://github.com/jay0lee/GAM/wiki/CreatingClientSecretsFile it's often the problem with Google Apps they change UI and tutos become obsolete very quickly, but docs is update, links are better than screenshots.
I stop pontificate, there is the actual screenshot :

<Capture d’écran 2020-03-22 à 00.01.58.png>

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-manager/8f8cabba-c5ea-448b-9497-beb3ca6d3c3d%40googlegroups.com.

Patrick AYMAR

Mar 21, 2020, 7:47:17 PM3/21/20
to GAM for G Suite
Tanks Ross,

I don't try this one.
GSuite power is with me, Ms Team is dead !
"a big step forward" for e-learning in France if infrastructure follows, I am not sure that Internet without border exists.

Patrick

On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 12:27:39 AM UTC+1, Ross Scroggs wrote:
Patrick,

Choose Desktop App