Create multiple folders with specific sharing persmissions

Jonathan Ahrens

Jun 28, 2024, 10:12:28 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to GAM for Google Workspace
I am looking to create multiple sub-folders based on a user's name and then add that specific user as a content manager on only that folder.

I've created the following csv:
name,email

Shared Drive structure
Root
    |- A
        |- John Doe
        |- Jane Smith
        |- etc.
    |- B

I can't figure out how to create these folders.

I can get the folder ID, but it doesn't feel like the best way to do it
gam user admin@domain print filelist select teamdrive "Shared Drive Name" showmimetype application/vnd.google-apps.folder fields id,title

If it isn't possible to add a person to the folder when it is created, I would have to combine the previous csv with the folder ID to add them using this
gam csv users.csv game user admin@domain add drivefileacle "~FolderID" -user "~Email" role editor

Thanks,
Jonathan