GAM Commands for user addition to groups

Ismail Mohideen

Dec 25, 2017, 7:48:35 AM12/25/17
to GAM for G Suite
Hello Everyone,

We are using GCDS to Sync AD to Google Apps for SSO, I have a requirement to add users to a particular group upon their id creation based on their reporting manager and Title. Is there any sort of GAM command can be used?

Note: We are syncing only Username and Email id from AD to Google Apps.

+KimNilsson

Dec 27, 2017, 4:21:19 AM12/27/17
to GAM for G Suite
Yes, as soon as you start syncing Reporting Manager and Title to G Suite.
GAM can't act on non-existent information.

Ismail Mohideen

Feb 2, 2018, 9:49:51 AM2/2/18
to GAM for G Suite
Thanks, Kim. Can you help me with a GAM command to add users with specific Title & specific Reporting Manager to a Google Group?
We have successfully synced those attributes from AD to G Suite now.

Kim Nilsson

Feb 5, 2018, 3:45:50 AM2/5/18
to Google Apps Manager
You have to start with making sure that you can pull a "report" with that info.

So when you do a "gam print users ...." you will have the info you need and can push that to a csv or Google Sheet on a single line.
If you can't, then it'll be hard to use that as source when pushing changes to those users.