Signature html file is causing GAM to hang

Harold Horsman

Feb 25, 2020, 10:13:56 AM2/25/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross and everyone,

Main question: Is there a way to debug the html file used as input for the gam signature command?

I'm trying to generate a html signature template for GAM, using the output of an email signature generator, called Email Signature Creator (ESC).
The output is slightly modified to include the {} tags to use it with GAMADV-EXT3 and generate nicely formatted signatures for every user. It displays nicely in a webbrowser. I have attached it to this post.

But when I test this process with the html file, the GAM command remains silent and never ends, until I break it with Control-C.

While retrying, GAM then sometimes spits out some debug messages that might be useful for finding the problem.

Output, after breaking the command with Control-C after 2 minutes:
beheer@cloudshell:~/vra.nl/leden (braided-depth-231914)$ gam user testuser signature file ~/vra.nl/leden/GAM-Template@VRA-Club.html html replace Fullname field:name.fullname replace Mobilephone field:phone.value.type.mobile replace Email field:email.primaryemail replace Title field:organization.title
^CTraceback (most recent call last):

File "gam.py", line 44356, in ProcessGAMCommand

File "gam.py", line 43050, in setSignature

File "gam.py", line 42607, in _processSignature

File "gam.py", line 9703, in _processTagReplacements

File "/home/travis/python/lib/python3.8/re.py", line 208, in sub
KeyboardInterrupt

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "gam.py", line 44456, in <module>

File "gam.py", line 44380, in ProcessGAMCommand

File "gam.py", line 448, in setSysExitRC
KeyboardInterrupt
[1042] Failed to execute script gam

Using the latest GAMADV-EXT3 version
Ross Scroggs
Python 3.8.1 64-bit final
google-api-python-client 1.7.11
httplib2 0.16.0
oauth2client 4.1.3
Linux Debian 9 Stretch x86_64

GAM-Template@VRA-Club.html

Harold Horsman

Feb 25, 2020, 10:54:32 AM2/25/20
to GAM for G Suite
Important update:
The html file that I used earlier, appeared not to be the right one. So I used the Output function that generates a Thinderbird signature file.
This file is much more compact and it works with the command given!
The question still stands, but my problem is solved :-)

Ross Scroggs

Feb 25, 2020, 11:22:13 AM2/25/20
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Harold,

I see what the problem is, I'll get it fixed.

Ross

Harold Horsman

Mar 1, 2020, 5:52:32 PM3/1/20
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross,

Can I safely assume that the fix is in 4.99.19?
Or are you still working on it?

Ross Scroggs

Ross Scroggs

Mar 1, 2020, 9:19:32 PM3/1/20