Help with GAM cmd

Baran Kannan

Jun 9, 2024, 5:59:14 PMJun 9
to GAM for Google Workspace
Hello There,

Please can you someone help me to find out gam cmd for all google groups, members, users and permissions saved to google sheet.

I look forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Baran.

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. MANGOPAY S.A is a limited liability company incorporated in Luxembourg, having its registered office at 2 Avenue Amélie, L-1125 Luxembourg.

Maj Marshall Giguere

Jun 9, 2024, 6:46:22 PMJun 9
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com

For advanced GAM:
Example - get all the groups members for all groups in my domain and send to a spreadsheet on your MyDrive:
> gam print group-members domain example.com todrive
This will give all the members for all groups in the domain "example.com"
Example - print the information including permission settings for a group:
> gam info group myg...@example.com
This is a pretty printed listing of a groups settings, not a csv, does not include members.

Baran Kannan

Jun 10, 2024, 5:49:29 AMJun 10
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the swift response. We would like to have all groups (active/non-active), permissions list and members in a csv format. Please help.

Regards,
Baran.

Maj Marshall Giguere

Jun 10, 2024, 9:34:26 AMJun 10
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
This command will retrieve the settings, in CSV form, for all groups in the Workspace, works in either advanced or standard gam
> gam print groups settings

If you want to see "everything" in one lump, group settings and members, members will be a single column vector containing a comma separated list of members.

> gam print groups settings members

This will produce a CSV with each group as a single row showing the group's settings and a list of all members.  If you need to separate members by type substitute "managers | owners"  for "members"

If you want to know specifically about the members of a group(s) your only choice is the aforementioned "gam print group-members".  Group settings and member  information are separate things.

I suggest you do some experimentation along with reading the wiki pages in order to tailor, as much as possible given the api, the commands to your needs.

Baran Kannan

Jun 30, 2024, 1:08:32 PM (3 days ago) Jun 30
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

Please can you let me know how to get google workspace groups including posting permissions, activity and number of members as well as any routing to a CSV

Regards,
Baran.

Maj Marshall Giguere

Jun 30, 2024, 1:36:25 PM (3 days ago) Jun 30
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
There is no api support for member posting permissions, it is only available on the GUI interface, you can only see the group setting "whoCanPostMessage".  There is no api support for activity, or routing information that I'm aware of.

You can get counts of members as a CSV:

$> gam print groups members managers owners countsonly

Mix and match member types as required.

Baran Kannan

Jun 30, 2024, 1:43:21 PM (3 days ago) Jun 30
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Can we get posting permissions  and routing information of all google groups via GUI to a CSV please?

Maj Marshall Giguere

Jun 30, 2024, 2:02:39 PM (3 days ago) Jun 30
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
You can download a csv for each group individually.  It will contain the following information only:
Email addressNicknameGroup statusEmail statusEmail preferencePosting permissionsJoin yearJoin monthJoin dayJoin hourJoin minuteJoin secondTime zone

Routing is probably  available on the Admin Console, it is for email, but I'm not sure about groups, you would have to check.

Baran Kannan

Jun 30, 2024, 2:35:13 PM (3 days ago) Jun 30
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
we would like to download all google groups instead of a group. would it be possible from the admin console?

Maj Marshall Giguere

Jun 30, 2024, 3:04:25 PM (3 days ago) Jun 30
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
No,  it's a one at a time proposition.  You have to select each group, open the members, click on the downloader, rinse and repeat. Maybe someday Google will enhance the api, but I'm not holding my breath.

Hmm... might be possible to automate with a Python script, Selenium and the Chrome driver... not a project I'd want to take on, but possible I think.

Baran Kannan

Jul 1, 2024, 4:52:44 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, please can we get cmd for the below

1. google groups with active/non-active status
2. google groups with permission
3. google groups with re-routing

Regards,
Baran.

Ross Scroggs

Jul 1, 2024, 11:48:38 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
1. This is available for each member
2. The API does not supply this infomation thus it is not available to GAM
3. I'm not usre what this is, where do you see reference to this?

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs