"gam report users parameters..." very outdated

Jesse Mulert

Jul 2, 2024, 3:03:27 PM (18 hours ago) Jul 2
to GAM for Google Workspace
When I run...
gam report user parameters gmail:timestamp_last_access,gmail:timestamp_last_imap,gmail:timestamp_last_interaction,gmail:timestamp_last_pop,gmail:timestamp_last_webmail
....the "date" column for everyone is 7/10/23, almost a year ago, and all the other fields are capped at that time, like the logs got frozen on that day.

When we look at the equivalent report in the admin console (reports>user reports>accounts), its still old, but only 5 days old.

Can anyone account for that discrepancy (or even the dated reporting in the admin console)?

Ross Scroggs

Jul 2, 2024, 3:08:40 PM (18 hours ago) Jul 2
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
See: https://github.com/taers232c/GAMADV-XTD3/wiki/Reports#user-reports

By default, when user all is specified (or no user specification in supplied), GAM backs up looking for data with a (basically) random user.
If the randaom doesn't have any data, the command reports that no data was found.
Use allverifyuser <UserItem> to specify a specific user to use to search for data.
Choose an active user.

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs

Jesse Mulert

Jul 2, 2024, 4:15:48 PM (17 hours ago) Jul 2
to GAM for Google Workspace
Thanks Ross. So when I don't specify anything, even though the most recent date is a year ago, I get values for things like "last activity" that go back years and years. When I specify a single active admin user using allverifyuser, the results are much more narrow (30 days by default, and messing around with range and get warned if a set a period more than a year). Is there a way to make sure I'm getting recent data but also ancient data?

Ross Scroggs

Jul 2, 2024, 4:24:53 PM (17 hours ago) Jul 2
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Jesse,

Send me a Meet/Zoom invitation.

Ross
----
Ross Scroggs

Message has been deleted

Jesse Mulert

Jul 2, 2024, 6:03:46 PM (15 hours ago) Jul 2
to GAM for Google Workspace

Just for posterity, it seems like there is something wrong with our Google data and simply appending allverifyuser somecurrentuser should have gotten both recent data and older data.