Re: Signatures and Aliases

Mike Torres

Jun 12, 2013, 11:52:34 PM6/12/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i'm curious, how are you pushing the signatures to the accounts via gam?

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:15:52 PM UTC-7, Andy Serwatuk wrote:
I'm having a bit of an issue here. We have a number of users who have multiple "Send As" aliases setup in their account.
When I try to push a signature to them, it overwrites all of the signatures for all "send as" accounts setup.
Is there a way to avoid that, or better yet to target only a specific address that gets the signature update?

WARNING:  This email may be confidential/privileged.  If you have received it (and any attachments) in error, please delete and notify the sender immediately. You must not copy, distribute, disclose, store, or take any action in reliance on it.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

mtorres262

Jun 14, 2013, 1:20:35 PM6/14/13
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy, I know this is old, but I figured out a way to do what I think you want. Let me know if you'd like more info.

Piotr Sikora

Mar 4, 2016, 6:24:52 AM3/4/16
to Google Apps Manager
Does anyone found the solution for the problem?

I'm having exact the same problem with the signatures.
Trying to update users signatures. Some users have multiple "send as" signatures, and each time the signatures are updated using GAM ("gam user test.user signature file test.signature") the updated signatures became the signature for the whole user account (default user email and all "send as" too).
Is there any extra parameter for "send as" signatures?

Is is possible to get information about signatures for "send as" too? Or all the signatures used by the user?
I know I can check the user signature using "gam user test.user show signature" but it only shows the "default one", the rest of the signatures is not shown at all.

Nico

Aug 8, 2016, 7:14:38 AM8/8/16
to Google Apps Manager
BUMP

Ross Scroggs

Aug 8, 2016, 9:25:59 AM8/8/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Nico/Piotr,

I'm adding support for the new Gmail API which lets you properly update the main signature and sendas signatures.
I'll have it available in a few days.

Nico Aymet

Aug 8, 2016, 10:55:33 AM8/8/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot!

ASOLA Logo

Nico Aymet
Head of Research and Development

ASOLA GmbH
Brückenweg 12 • CH-3930 Visp • Switzerland
Mobile: +34 673 86 16 52 • Office: +41(0)27 945 60 00 • HelpDesk: +41(0)27 945 14 53
nico....@asola.chwww.asola.chLinkedin Google+ Facebook Twitter Youtube

confidential for personal use only - not to be used in proceedings

Nico/Piotr,

I'm adding support for the new Gmail API which lets you properly update the main signature and sendas signatures.
I'll have it available in a few days.

On Aug 8, 2016, at 2:49 AM, Nico <nico....@asola.ch> wrote:

BUMP

On Friday, 14 June 2013 18:20:35 UTC+1, mtorres262 wrote:
Hi Andy, I know this is old, but I figured out a way to do what I think you want. Let me know if you'd like more info.

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:15:52 PM UTC-7, Andy Serwatuk wrote:
I'm having a bit of an issue here. We have a number of users who have multiple "Send As" aliases setup in their account.
When I try to push a signature to them, it overwrites all of the signatures for all "send as" accounts setup.
Is there a way to avoid that, or better yet to target only a specific address that gets the signature update?

Piotr Sikora

Piotr

Yannick Biet

Nov 16, 2016, 11:27:23 AM11/16/16
to GAM for G Suite
Hi Ross,

Is the feature available in GAM at time of writing (november 2016) ?
Seems the documentation is still really evasive on the topic.

We need to be able to accurately define our signatures.

Thanks for your feedback !

Ian Crew

Nov 16, 2016, 12:08:20 PM11/16/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
This seems like a good time to remind everyone that the documentation is editable by anyone, so if you see something unclear, please update it!

Ian

___
Ian Crew

IST-Architecture, Platforms and Integration (API)
Earl Warren Hall, Second Floor
University of California, Berkeley

Ross Scroggs

Nov 16, 2016, 12:34:59 PM11/16/16
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Yannick,

Yes, Jay's and my versions have this capability.

gam <UserTypeEntity> [add] sendas <EmailAddress> <Name> [signature|sig <String>|(file <FileName> [charset <CharSet>]) (replace <Tag> <String>)*] [html]

                                  [replyto <EmailAddress>] [default] [treatasalias <Boolean>]

gam <UserTypeEntity> update sendas <EmailAddress> [name <Name>] [signature|sig <String>|(file <FileName> [charset <CharSet>]) (replace <Tag> <String>)*] [html

                                  [replyto <EmailAddress>] [default] [treatasalias <Boolean>]

gam <UserTypeEntity> signature|sig <String>|(file <FileName> [charset <Charset>]) (replace <Tag> <String>)* [html] [name <String>]

                                   [replyto <EmailAddress>] [default] [treatasalias <Boolean>]

Ross