reporting/printing all users from GAM isn't always reliable

raydlevel5

Jul 8, 2014, 3:39:01 PM7/8/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
I had problems last year trying to print reports on the users in my Google Domain using gam.exe.  I felt that "gam print users" was not reliable because it would just sit forever and eventually fail. . . At some point I discovered that if I used "gam report users" as opposed to "gam print users", I'd get a spreadsheet with everything I needed.

Anyway, I just upgraded to the newer version, and set it up according to the instructions.  Looks like I was unsuccessful -- I get the following 'errors' when I request a report.  Any ideas?

PS C:\gam> .\gam.exe report users > .\output\all_users.csv

.\gam.exe : Got 5000 users

At line:1 char:1

+ .\gam.exe report users > .\output\all_users.csv

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (Got 5000 users:String) [], RemoteException

    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

Got 5000 users

Got 5000 users

Got 5000 users

Got 5000 users

Got 5000 users

Got 5000 users

Got 5000 users

Got 5000 users

All that was in the CSV was this:  "Error: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine"

I have close to 250,000 users.

Thanks for your input.

RLD

raydlevel5

Jul 8, 2014, 4:44:06 PM7/8/14
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Check it out.... I tried doing this from a high-end server we have, close to the "edge", and I got a much better error message this time in the CSV output:

Error: GAM has run out of memory. If this is a large Google Apps instance, you should use a 64-bit version of GAM on Windows or a 64-bit version of Python on other systems.

YES:  I am running 64-bit OS, and the GAM executable is the x64 bit version.  PowerShell is running as a 64-bit process.