moving a group from @googlegroups.com to @my-domain.com

Alfred Young

Sep 5, 2019, 7:20:21 PM9/5/19
to GAM for G Suite
Hi GAM discussion!

I have a google group that was neither set up by me, nor under my gsuite account. Admin privileges have been transferred to me and I'd like to use GAM to programmatically access the email addresses of the group members.

After setting up GAM successfully, I'm able to access all the other groups under my domain but not this one (its group email ends with @googlegroups.com).

Can anyone point me to documentation that could help me? Does anyone know how to move this group into my domain/gsuite account?

Thanks for your help!

Jay Lee

Sep 5, 2019, 7:22:35 PM9/5/19
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
There are no APIs that work with consumer @googlegroupa.com groups. Gam can't do this.

Your best bet is probably to export group membership and then create a new Google group in your domain with those addresses.

Jay