Random blobstore entries produce error 500

Marcin

Dec 15, 2014, 4:38:55 PM12/15/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've noticed today that random (mostly older than 1st of March 2013) blobstore entries produce error 500, both when downloading using blobstore API and when trying to download using blobviewer in GAE console.

All files are listed in blobviewer only download action causes the error 500. Is it a maintenance or a temporary issue or should I be really worried about my data?
Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Regards,
Marcin

Alex Boyd

Dec 16, 2014, 2:10:51 PM12/16/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Looks like I am receiving the same kind of errors, but for me it seems there are a few more variables.
I have images stored in blobs, if I try to fetch those images from my work machine ( or anyone else in my office ) all is well.  If others from various different parts of the world try, the images don't show up.  The 500 is not logged in the console, it just seems to fail without warning or error.

Anything you have done to alleviate the pain would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Kinesh Patel

Dec 16, 2014, 6:59:05 PM12/16/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Half the images on my site being served from the blobstore are throwing errors. +1

David Court

Dec 17, 2014, 5:31:13 AM12/17/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Ditto for me, including static JS and CSS.  Site is completely broken, with no logs on my app console at all.  +1

Vinny P

Dec 19, 2014, 2:22:30 AM12/19/14
On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Marcin <marcin....@innodia.pl> wrote:
All files are listed in blobviewer only download action causes the error 500. Is it a maintenance or a temporary issue or should I be really worried about my data?

If you try to partially download your blobs (see the "Blob Byte Ranges" section here: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/go/blobstore/#Go_Serving_a_blob) do you get the same 500 error, or do you get the correct data?

-----------------
-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com

piotr

Dec 20, 2014, 2:17:03 PM12/20/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

just to let you all know, our issues have been resolved by Google, after contacting customer support. The source of the problem was an issue with the eu datacenter ( files in US were served with no problems).

husayt

Dec 20, 2014, 6:22:29 PM12/20/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Again something wrong with EU datacenter. I have a number of other issues related to us using that datacentre.

This is really worrying.