Issue: Inbound Mail repeating requests

Kinesh Patel

May 13, 2014, 1:19:05 PM5/13/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Our inbound mail handler seems to be replaying or retrying requests multiple times, but intermittently. All requests are completing (e.g. no DeadlineExceeded or other Exceptions are raised); however they can take 30-45 seconds on occasion.

What are reasons that Google's Inbound Mail service might retry a request?

Kinesh Patel

May 13, 2014, 4:59:17 PM5/13/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
We've run tests all day and it seems like requests are repeated when they take longer than 30 seconds (even though there is no exception raised - this only occurs after the standard 60 seconds). Perhaps there is an undocumented constraint here?

Chad Vincent

May 14, 2014, 3:23:04 PM5/14/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Possibly?  We were running into the 60 second limit regularly.  We re-factored, and now just strip the email of relevant data, and toss that on the TaskQueue for later processing.

It's working very well that way so far.

Kinesh Patel

May 14, 2014, 4:41:04 PM5/14/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
This is a good idea Chad, thanks.

Kinesh Patel
Technology, Co-Founder

Seven Rooms
127 W 24th Street, Fifth Floor, New York, NY 10011