Error parsing ProtoRPC request. Unable to parse request content: Base64 decoding error...

DiTieM

Aug 6, 2013, 7:16:26 PM8/6/13
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Hi

I have an application running on iOS with GAE endpoints. The application takes a PNG file, applies Base64 encoding and send it to the server. This was working nicely, but suddenly it stopped working. I suspect it has got broken in GAE environment 1.8.2. From the xCode console:

(lldb) po error

$4 = 0x173cccc0 Error Domain=com.google.GTLJSONRPCErrorDomain Code=400 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (Error parsing ProtoRPC request (Unable to parse request content: Base64 decoding error: character mapping must return integer, None or unicode))" UserInfo=0x173ccce0 {error=Error parsing ProtoRPC request (Unable to parse request content: Base64 decoding error: character mapping must return integer, None or unicode), GTLStructuredError=GTLErrorObject 0x173ccc70: {message:"Error parsing ProtoRPC request (Unable to parse request content: Base64 decoding error: character mapping must return integer, None or unicode)" code:400 data:[1]}, NSLocalizedFailureReason=(Error parsing ProtoRPC request (Unable to parse request content: Base64 decoding error: character mapping must return integer, None or unicode))}

The EndPoint function in python is not even called (I put a logging message on the first line). The server log does not even show an error in the logged call.

Can someone throw any light?