how to setup my app engine app to send mail from my custom domain

閲覧: 704 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Naresh Pokuri

未読、
2015/10/22 23:58:082015/10/22
To: Google App Engine
I am porting my application on Google App Engine with my personal gmail account. As part of application I have to send email to my application users regarding their content. I am able to send mails using my personal account(i.e myma...@gmail.com). But that's not good. I want to send mails from sup...@mydomai.com/in...@mydomain.com to represent my company. For that I bought a domain from godaddy.com and registered with third party mail provider zoho.com.

Now I am trying to add sup...@mydomai.com to my application under Settings.
Then I get
"Failed to add authorized senders An error occurred trying to add authorized senders. This may occur if you lack sufficient privileges. Learn more"

Then I try to add sup...@mydomai.com to my owners list under application permissions section. Even now I am not able to add him to permitted email list.

How can a user with email sup...@mydomai.comwhich is not managed by gmail can accept the invitation.

I have no clue what I can do now? Please guide me

Patrice (Cloud Platform Support)

未読、
2015/10/23 13:54:162015/10/23
To: Google App Engine
Hi,

From the link on the "learn more" in your error message, we specifically state that you need to have a gmail or Google domain, so you won't be able to use mydomai.com to do this. YOu will need to either use the appspotmail, or a gmail.

To use the email you want, I would suggest using something like SendGrid, which will provide more flexibility in that regards.

Cheers!

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 11:58:08 PM UTC-4, Naresh Pokuri wrote:
I am porting my application on Google App Engine with my personal gmail account. As part of application I have to send email to my application users regarding their content. I am able to send mails using my personal account(i.e myma...@gmail.com). But that's not good. I want to send mails from sup...@mydomai.com/info@mydomain.com to represent my company. For that I bought a domain from godaddy.com and registered with third party mail provider zoho.com.

Anastasios Hatzis

未読、
2015/10/23 16:08:452015/10/23
To: Google App Engine
Patrice, I use the GAE email service to send mails from the app (it's just low traffic notifications). For doing this, I have setup Google Apps groups as senders, e.g. nor...@mydomain.com (Google Apps for Work customers with that domain). This works still great. But I think that this option is not mentioned anymore in the docs. Is this feature still supported for new apps or new email-accounts? Or does it only work for older apps?

Naresh Pokuri

未読、
2015/10/25 8:41:542015/10/25
To: Google App Engine
Patrice, Thanks for reply

From the link on the "learn more" in your error message, we specifically state that you need to have a gmail or Google domain, so you won't be able to use mydomai.com to do this. YOu will need to either use the appspotmail, or a gmail.
To use the email you want, I would suggest using something like SendGrid, which will provide more flexibility in that regards.

If other than gmail or google domain does not work how could that be possible with sendgrid?

Patrice (Cloud Platform Support)

未読、
2015/10/26 11:01:152015/10/26
To: Google App Engine
Hi guys,

So first, Anastasios: you're using a "Google apps for work" domain, no? Which is then a Google domain proper.

Naresh, Sendgrid is a third party tool that does not use our Mail API, so it's not limited in the same ways. You are able to use domains that aren't specific to Google with it.

Cheers!

Naresh Pokuri

未読、
2015/10/29 11:11:252015/10/29
To: Google App Engine
Sorry, I am not getting it. Without my domain email managed by Google or SendGrid I cannot send mails from other email service providers. How SendGrid different from other third party email providers? Do we internally use rest services of SendGrid to send mails without Java Mail API, where Google won't mind?

Patrice (Cloud Platform Support)

未読、
2015/10/29 11:17:372015/10/29
To: Google App Engine
Hi,

Indeed, you can internally use the rest services of SendGrid to send your emails.

We won't mind, we even suggest SendGrid ourselves in our documentation :).

Cheers!
全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送