Unable to delete a key from memcache - App engine shows 'Deleting' for a very time

A. Kong

Oct 30, 2016, 7:35:49 PM10/30/16
to Google App Engine
Hi all,

Normally it is very easy to delete a key in memcache via console.cloud. It is usually just a matter of locating memcache result by a key, then select and delete the item.

However today (31 Oct, 10am Sydney, Australia time) I am unable to carry out this operation. I have tried a couple of time but the console just shows 'Deleting...' at the lower left corner but the item is not flushed from memcache. Nothing in the log to see either.

Can someone from GAE team take a look at it?

Cheers

A. Kong

Oct 31, 2016, 12:11:47 AM10/31/16
to Google App Engine
I found that there is an error in chrome dev console when I attempt to drop a key

      Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 ()

I checked the billing and there is no problem.

It seems like I can flush the cache.

A. Kong

Oct 31, 2016, 12:12:59 AM10/31/16
to Google App Engine
Forgot to include the url in my last post

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 ()

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 31, 2016, 3:17:09 PM10/31/16
to Google App Engine
If this occurs again, I'd advise doing the following:

1) Get a header file capture as a HAR file while reproducing the issue in the Cloud Console.
2) Open an issue on the googleappengine public issue tracker and request that the issue is set to private.
3) Once the issue has been set to private, upload the HAR file as an attachment so we can investigate it further.