Unable to create new Client ID for Android Application

AJ West

Jul 26, 2014, 8:38:34 PM7/26/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
After generating my release key and finding the SHA1 I go into my app engine project Dev Console under the APIs&Auth->Credentials section.

From here I click, "Create a new Client ID"
Select "Installed Application"
Click "Android" radio button
Put in my package name: ca.ajwest.pythonapi
And paste in my SHA1 certificate fingerprint
Deep linking is enabled

After I click "Create Client ID" the lightbox popup returns to the console screen with the new Client ID for Android application with the SHA1 and package name displayed properly. When refreshing the console or navigating away and back to the credentials screen, the newly created Android Client ID no longer lists the SHA1, and the Deep linking option has been changed to disabled.

Just in case, I tried an authenticated call with the backend and the server logs display say that my client id is not authorized, despite it being clearly listed in my project's dev console (but now without the SHA1 field filled in for some reason).

I have tried creating an entirely new project, and a new keystore/certificate with the same results. Is there a problem with App Engine creating client ID credentials?

Vinny P

Aug 6, 2014, 1:21:03 AM8/6/14
On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 7:38 PM, AJ West <ajw...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have tried creating an entirely new project, and a new keystore/certificate with the same results. Is there a problem with App Engine creating client ID credentials?

Can you try using an entirely different browser, with no add-ons installed?

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com