Photohunt service does not work

Sharad Nandwani

May 19, 2014, 11:31:23 AM5/19/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I am experimenting with Google App engine. As part of this, I tried using the sample Photohunt app. I deployed using the launcher on Google App engine. Initially the service worked very well. It was updating photos and associated entities. However, after a few trials, I see that Photo entity is not being updated. However the blob viewer shows me the updated image. It seems the entity is not getting updated/added. How can I debug the same? All the quotas are with in range.

Vinny P

May 20, 2014, 3:35:14 AM5/20/14
On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Sharad Nandwani <sxna...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am experimenting with Google App engine. As part of this, I tried using the sample Photohunt app. I deployed using the launcher on Google App engine. Initially the service worked very well. It was updating photos and associated entities. However, after a few trials, I see that Photo entity is not being updated. However the blob viewer shows me the updated image. It seems the entity is not getting updated/added. How can I debug the same? All the quotas are with in range.

Did you disable datastore writes? The option is in the Application Settings page in the appspot console.

You can also try installing AppStats ( https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/tools/appstats ) and checking to see if any datastore operations are taking place.

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL