no authorization window in youtube

philippe pithon

May 14, 2015, 5:33:44 AM5/14/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I use oauth2/Appengine in my application,

if I am already logged (user google) :

I have the permission screen google when I log my appengine application.
BUT, when I log to youtube, there is no authorization window google... the connection is automatic

why ???

Les autorisations suivantes sont requises pour xxxxxx:
En savoir plus
Savoir qui vous êtes sur Google.
Cliquez ici pour plus d'informations.
En savoir plus
Afficher votre adresse e-mail

Vinny P

May 15, 2015, 12:10:07 AM5/15/15
On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 4:33 AM, philippe pithon <pithon....@gmail.com> wrote:
I use oauth2/Appengine in my application,

if I am already logged (user google) :

I have the permission screen google when I log my appengine application.
BUT, when I log to youtube, there is no authorization window google... the connection is automatic

Google owns YouTube, so it's a pretty safe assumption on Google's end that it's OK to share account information with YouTube. So there's no authorization window on YouTube.

But Google doesn't own your application, so before sharing account information with your application Google needs to warn the user and make sure the user opts-in to authorize your application. So there's a permissions window before granting account access when your app implements the oauth flow.

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com

philippe pithon

May 15, 2015, 2:58:38 AM5/15/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I had forgotten that Google had bought youtube ...
thank you for your reply