How to upload Adobe .air file in Google App Engine?

d...@sshenterprise.com

Nov 2, 2014, 12:05:26 AM11/2/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Can google app engine be used to store or host an adobe air file (.air)? The .air file will be used as a software updater. I have tried uploading files view google app engine launcher and the only files uploaded are the php and xml files. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Chad Vincent

Nov 13, 2014, 3:49:44 PM11/13/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
You would want to put the .air file in a Cloud Storage bucket, so you can add newer versions without having to redeploy your app.

Renzo Nuccitelli

Nov 13, 2014, 10:45:26 PM11/13/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
 I have done this. You can deploy it as a static file and serve like any other (js, css and so on).

Vinny P

Nov 14, 2014, 2:46:39 AM11/14/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
@OP: You can host your Air files on App Engine or Cloud Storage, but you need to find a way to route those files for public requests. Read how to serve static files here

You mentioned that the only files uploaded when you tried to upload were the PHP and XML files. Were there any CSS/JS/other static files in the application directory?

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com