Sending email to a Google Group in a Google Apps for Business domain

Romuald Cari

Sep 21, 2015, 12:10:56 PM9/21/15
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I've been following this document about how to send email from App Engine using Python: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/python/mail/
Everything works fine when using the development server with SMTP configured, however, when publishing my app, I never receive any emails.

I'm using the admin account for that Google Apps For Business domain as the sender, an email address that is part of the authorized senders of my application.
I can't figure out why emails are not delivered to my group.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Christian F. Howes

Sep 21, 2015, 3:57:06 PM9/21/15
to Google App Engine
does the sender email address have at least  "viewer" permissions in the google cloud console project?  i have been bitten by that a few times....

christian

Romuald Cari

Sep 22, 2015, 2:27:37 AM9/22/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

and thanks for your reply. The sender email address has "owner" permissions on the project.
It must be something else then...

Romuald

Patrice (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 22, 2015, 11:04:48 AM9/22/15
to Google App Engine
Hi Romuald,

Just to make sure the email is properly sent and the problem might be that the recipient is be a Google Groups, could you try adding another (non group) email to the "to"s?

Cheers

On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 9:10:56 AM UTC-7, Romuald Cari wrote:
Hi,

I've been following this document about how to send email from App Engine using Python: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/python/mail/
Everything works fine when using the development server with SMTP configured, however, when publishing my app, I never receive any emails.

I'm using the admin account for that Google Apps For Business domain as the sender, an email address that is part of the authorized senders of my application.
I can't figure out why emails are not delivered to my group.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Romuald Cari

Sep 22, 2015, 11:34:43 AM9/22/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I figured it out. It turns out that I never actually called the email sending API from my code when running in the production environment.
This was due to the way some query parameters are set when run in the production environment vs. in the development server.

Sorry for this and thanks for all your help!

Romuald