Is Google App Engine capable of sending remote service response to an adobe air application?

d...@sshenterprise.com

Nov 16, 2014, 2:44:11 AM11/16/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
have an Adobe Air application that uses AMFPHP. I have set up a local server and everything worked fine. I have uploaded the PHP files to Google App Engine, but the live server does not return a response.

Is GAE capable of sending responses to an air application?

Vinny P

Nov 17, 2014, 1:36:22 AM11/17/14
On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM, <d...@sshenterprise.com> wrote:
have an Adobe Air application that uses AMFPHP. I have set up a local server and everything worked fine. I have uploaded the PHP files to Google App Engine, but the live server does not return a response.

When you say "set up a local server" does that mean you tested using the App Engine development server, or another server environment? If you attempt to access the live server using a web browser (not your Air application) do you see anything displayed in the browser?

If you open up App Engine logging, do you see any error messages reported?

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM, <d...@sshenterprise.com> wrote:

Is GAE capable of sending responses to an air application?

AMFPHP sends responses using standard HTTP, so neither GAE or Air is the problem here. More than likely there's just a simple configuration error here.

-----------------
-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com

d...@sshenterprise.com

Nov 17, 2014, 12:24:41 PM11/17/14

On Monday, November 17, 2014 2:36:22 PM UTC+8, Vinny P wrote:
[...]

I have tested the App Engine development server which worked fine and if I access the live one in the browser, I can see the  AMFPHP's entry point like what you see in the browser when in the development server. I do not see any error messages in the logs

Vinny P

Nov 19, 2014, 1:53:50 AM11/19/14
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM, <d...@sshenterprise.com> wrote:
I have tested the App Engine development server which worked fine and if I access the live one in the browser, I can see the  AMFPHP's entry point like what you see in the browser when in the development server. I do not see any error messages in the logs

If you can access the live site with your browser and receive no errors, it sounds like your GAE app is working well.

Can you go into more detail into why your Air application isn't able to connect to the Internet? Try using URLLoader to figure out if the returned error is an I/O error, security error, or something else: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AIR/1.5/devappshtml/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7cb1.html#WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7ca9