async urlfetch causing CancelledError

Tjerk Bliep

Jun 12, 2014, 9:25:48 AM6/12/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just improved some code that did sequential urlfetch into using the following api:

It works fine most of the time, and give an improvement in performance.
However, 1 out of 3 calls, we get the following exception:

 File "/base/data/home/runtimes/python27/python27_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/apiproxy_stub_map.py", line 612, in get_result
    return self.__get_result_hook(self)
  File "/base/data/home/runtimes/python27/python27_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/urlfetch.py", line 375, in _get_fetch_result
    rpc.check_success()
  File "/base/data/home/runtimes/python27/python27_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/apiproxy_stub_map.py", line 578, in check_success
    self.__rpc.CheckSuccess()
  File "/base/data/home/runtimes/python27/python27_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/apiproxy_rpc.py", line 133, in CheckSuccess
    raise self.exception
CancelledError: The API call urlfetch.Fetch() was explicitly cancelled.

I tried looking int the sourcecode of apiproxy_rpx.py and tried googling to find an answer. But i cant find it anywhere.

Anybody has an idea why this is happening?

Vinny P

Jun 21, 2014, 12:06:27 AM6/21/14
On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM, Tjerk Bliep <tj...@bliep.nl> wrote:
I just improved some code that did sequential urlfetch into using the following api:
It works fine most of the time, and give an improvement in performance.
However, 1 out of 3 calls, we get the following exception:
I tried looking int the sourcecode of apiproxy_rpx.py and tried googling to find an answer. But i cant find it anywhere.
Anybody has an idea why this is happening?

Hi Tjerk,

Are you still encountering this issue? App Engine URLfetch had some issues (listed in downtime-notify) around the time you posted your email.

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com