GAE Standard returns HTTP 302 to task queue push message

Romel

Mar 26, 2020, 8:12:52 AM3/26/20
to Google App Engine

My Python2 Flask app uses GAE standard environment to send emails which is triggered by the taskqueue to have a delay for every email to avoid maxing out the quota.
My taskqueue keeps on receiving HTTP 302 as a response from the handler and there is no email being sent but when I try to send the same exact payload that I got from the taskqueue and send the request using my API Client (Insomnia), everything works fine, it receives HTTP 200 and the emails are being sent.

David (Google Cloud Support)

Mar 31, 2020, 12:53:21 PM3/31/20
to Google App Engine

Hello,

302 error status can occur for various reasons, and from what I have found, it could be the configuration for security constraints or the handlers in the app.yaml file. Here is another StackOverflow post indicating not to redirect from HTTP to HTTPS unless filtering Task Queue requests.

Note that Task Queue is considered to be superseded App Engine service and is no longer a recommended solution. Considering that you are using GAE Standard in Python 2, it is recommended that you migrate to Python 3.