Re: [google-appengine] Serious HRD Migration Problem: Mail Recipients Limited

Takashi Matsuo

Jan 22, 2013, 1:22:09 PM1/22/13
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Hi David,

Have you requested a quota increase with the following form?

For developer support, consider signing up to the premier account:

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 8:18 AM, David Hogg <david...@gmail.com> wrote:
I migrated my paid app (app id = happyrituals) from Master/Slave to HRD. Since that time my app has been seriously broken due to a Mail limit of 100.

Beside the limit it indicates in red "Limited" - which appears to indicate a "Safety Limit" of some kind. I don't understand why this limit cropped up. I do have a task queue from which those calls make mail calls. I have tried setting stronger limits on the queues, setting retry limits on the queue, to no avail.

Any suggestions? With each passing day this is becoming a bigger headache for my customers. Is it possible to pay for developer support to get help with a show stopper issue like this?

Takashi Matsuo | Developers Advocate | tma...@google.com

Jim

Jan 22, 2013, 2:18:28 PM1/22/13
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I had the same experience when migrating to HRD.  The migration went very smoothly otherwise, but what happens is that you move your app to the new HRD app instance, and you enable billing.  But it takes about a week for the billing plan to kick into place, and in the meantime you're stuck with the limit of 100 emails per day.

David Hogg

Jan 22, 2013, 4:20:24 PM1/22/13
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Thanks. I have requested the quota increase. It has been a week now and I have had a billing charge on the new app cleared several days ago. Still no fix. Upgrading to premier is $500/month which simply doesn't make sense at the moment for my app. I would happily pay for support call if there was a way! It seems to be that getting NO support or $500/month support are too extreme - would love an alternative (is there?).

David Hogg

Jan 22, 2013, 4:22:26 PM1/22/13
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Thanks. It has been a week and billing happened mid-way through the week on the new app (I also find it hard to believe that migrating to HRD would by design cause such a disruption in mail service!).

David Hogg

Jan 23, 2013, 10:16:16 AM1/23/13
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Update:

As per Jim's comment, tt appears that the mail limit has now been removed for my application - exactly one week after switching from Master/Slave to HRD. A charge cleared and then the limit removed (the charge that cleared last week appears was actually for zero dollars).

So, the issue with MY app is resolved. However, I find it hard to believe that migrating from a paid Master/Slave to paid HRD results in a one week gap of mail service!