Creation of image from iso and use it for creation of working compute instance

new user

Jun 15, 2022, 5:00:56 AM6/15/22
to Google App Engine
Hi GCP group,

Can anyone help in achieving this task.

1) iso to bootable image
2) bootable image to compute instance
3) and ssh and rdp should work without any issues for the created vm.

Initially we followed this steps in the following documentation.

But the problem is we are able to create the image out of it. But the image created is not a bootable one. Hence the compute engine instance created out of it will not have a bootable os on it and we cant rdp and ssh on respective windows and linux  vm's.

Can anyone find a alternative solution or fix for this issue?

Thanks