Re: Remote API stops responding

Message has been deleted

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 22, 2015, 12:56:15 PM6/22/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, ama...@ciandt.com
Hi Amanda,

In order to make a technical report of an issue, generally more specific details and clarity are required:

* What do you mean by "stops responding"?
* When does the API "begin responding again"?
* Are you getting a certain status code in response?
* Over what time-period are your 3~4 thousand requests being sent?

Generally, creating an issue on stackoverflow or the public issue tracker would be the way to get help with a technical issue, rather than posting to google groups, since this forum isn't meant for tech support but rather is meant for general discussion of the platform and services. Note that stackoverflow is for general technical issues which you believe may be within your control (but you're ultimately not sure), while the public issue tracker is for posting issue reports (with a reproducing code example, any relevant lines from your logs, etc.) which demonstrate a technical issue with the platform and its services.

If you post a stackoverflow question with enough technical detail, and look into answering the questions I asked, you'll be much closer to finding a solution.

For what it's worth, it sounds to me as though the API you're calling is rate-limiting you, although there could be any number of other causes. It's impossible to tell from such limited detail.

On Friday, June 19, 2015 at 1:57:11 PM UTC-4, Amanda Caroline Dianni wrote:
Hi,

I use the remote API service to update data in several apps through a batch file.
But today I've noticed that this service stops responding after a number of updates (about 3 or 4 thousand and suddenly stops).
Does anyone know if there is a problem with this service?

Thanks!