Custom domain transfer

Babu Sreekanth

Nov 3, 2014, 4:22:03 PM11/3/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

As part of moving our site to GAE, I uploaded a sample to go based runtime. Everything is fine and I can access it at https://revolution-cure.appspot.com/ . I followed everything at https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/domain , but even after few days, I could not reach my custom  domain, revolutioncure.com . I am not an expert, but when tried with dig/nslookup and the ip points towards google's. What is wrong?

Do I have to do anything more at the app engine settings other than written in the article?

Thanks.
Babu

Vinny P

Nov 14, 2014, 2:52:57 AM11/14/14
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Babu Sreekanth <babu.sr...@gmail.com> wrote:
As part of moving our site to GAE, I uploaded a sample to go based runtime. Everything is fine and I can access it at https://revolution-cure.appspot.com/ . I followed everything at https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/domain , but even after few days, I could not reach my custom  domain, revolutioncure.com . I am not an expert, but when tried with dig/nslookup and the ip points towards google's. What is wrong?

Do I have to do anything more at the app engine settings other than written in the article?

I can access your site using the "naked" domain http:// revolutioncure . com (it redirects me to a Google users login page) but not if I try the www subdomain ( http://imgur.com/aQIdQJT ) - I get the standard Google error message.

This suggests that you configured the DNS settings the right way, but you didn't correctly map the domains to your account in the console. Can you screenshot the current domain settings in your console and post the screenshot? If you don't want to do that, can you double check your settings and see if you have a mapping for www . revolutioncure . com?

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com