Any plans to introduce Spanner natively in App Engine?

Kaan Soral

Sep 4, 2018, 3:57:20 AM9/4/18
to Google App Engine
I guess Spanner improves over Datastore in terms of it's eventual consistency, but there's probably no strong reason to jump ship from Datastore

Still I wonder if there are any such plans ahead

Steren Giannini

Sep 4, 2018, 2:50:08 PM9/4/18
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kaan

You can to use Cloud Spanner from the second generation runtimes of App Engine Standard or from App Engine Flexible.
I invite you to follow the Cloud Spanner documentation.

Please let us know if you encounter issues while doing so.

Steren
Product Manager
Google Cloud