Not able to run Task Queue in Google Cloud Platform

Azeem Haider

Jun 1, 2018, 1:52:48 PM6/1/18
to Google App Engine

I'm using google cloud endpoints and task queue in App Engine standard environment. I'm adding task queue through endpoint function.

Everything is working fine when I test it on Local Server But after deploy on cloud platform, I don't know why task queue is not working.

I checked task queue there is no task is added. And I'm not seeing any error also. I checked everywhere but no error found.

Here is my code:

    Queue friendShip = QueueFactory.getDefaultQueue();
    friendShip.add(TaskOptions.Builder.withUrl("/friendship_queue")
            .param("contactHolderKey", "paramValue");

I'm wondering it's working in local server but not on cloud platform after deploy.

Can you please let me know what will be the possible reason ?

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 1, 2018, 6:22:10 PM6/1/18
to Google App Engine
Hello Azeem,

This behavior difference between the local server and the app deployed in the cloud might originate in the way you authenticate to the endpoint. The local server does not enforce authentication, by contrast to the standard environment in the cloud. How do you authenticate your calls to the endpoint? You may refer to the "Choosing an Authentication Method" online document

Azeem Haider

Jun 2, 2018, 1:11:28 AM6/2/18
to Google App Engine
This is an unauthorized call. Rest part of the function is working but it's not adding task in queue.

Azeem Haider

Jun 2, 2018, 1:28:36 AM6/2/18
to Google App Engine
It strange but now It's working. I think last day I setup app engine environment may be it take some time to initiate all these things, That's why the problem occur.
Is there any way I can check the time When  last queue run ? "Completed In Last Minute" is showing zero(0).
I know if there is any task in queue it show but after running and complete there is no history, is There ?

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 3, 2018, 6:25:44 PM6/3/18
to Google App Engine
Glad to hear things work as expected now. One-time events may happen for various reasons. If you would like to get more information regarding your queue, the most comprehensive source would be represented by the related logs.