1.8.2 causes exceptions with older mapreduce library versions

Alex Burgel

Jul 15, 2013, 2:39:36 PM7/15/13
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
My app is in the process of being upgraded to 1.8.2, but its causing tons of errors because I use an older version of the mapreduce library which imports google.appengine.api.servers. It looks like that module no longer exists in 1.8.2.

I've created an issue for this:

I'm fixing my app now. Hopefully the newest version of mapreduce is compatible with my app (no time to test!).

But I have to say that this just plain sucks. Once a module is in the public SDK it should be considered official and go through a deprecation process before removal so things like this don't happen.

--Alex