Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Irene

ungelesen,
05.11.2014, 01:27:0205.11.14
an google-a...@googlegroups.com
I m using  X-AppEngine-Country to get client country but some times its returning ZZ . Is there any way to get the exact country code for each and every request.

Thanks!

Satyanarayana Govindachandra

ungelesen,
05.11.2014, 04:46:5405.11.14
an google-a...@googlegroups.com
App Engine determines this code from the client's IP address". So they actually look at an IP from where the connection was made.

'ZZ' is often used to denote 'Unknown or unspecified country'

If your using Proxy, Since  proxy sits between the client and AppEngine, AppEngine sees connections coming from proxy IP.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Irene <ireneclare...@a-cti.com> wrote:
I m using  X-AppEngine-Country to get client country but some times its returning ZZ . Is there any way to get the exact country code for each and every request.

Thanks!

Thank you
Satya
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Vinny P

ungelesen,
06.11.2014, 01:18:1906.11.14

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:27 AM, Irene <ireneclare...@a-cti.com> wrote:
I m using  X-AppEngine-Country to get client country but some times its returning ZZ . Is there any way to get the exact country code for each and every request.

As Satyanarayana said, "ZZ" is code for unknown country. You might want to star this issue to follow up: https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=5296

But if you want to try geolocating the IP address using different sources, you can try using a proxy service such as Cloudflare: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200168236-What-does-CloudFlare-IP-Geolocation-do- or an API: http://freegeoip.net/

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com