Extremely high latency in us-central 10 second plus on static files too

Will Reiher

Jun 24, 2021, 1:55:40 PM6/24/21
to Google App Engine
Just wanted to give people the heads up.

I'm testing a minor update to my app and when viewing my staged version I'm seeing super high latency numbers that I've never experienced before. Static files are 10+ seconds and some dynamic handlers are over 90 seconds.

None of the code changes are to blame - super minor and more so I can't slow down static handlers. I did see a couple of warmup requests indicate server errors but I can't see those in my logs.

Will Reiher

Jun 24, 2021, 2:11:56 PM6/24/21
to Google App Engine
Seems to be resolving itself now. Many thanks to the App Engine team (especially the ones who read those feedback forms). I was worried that you'd deployed 5400 RPM drives to fix the SSD issues from the other day.

Kaan

Jun 24, 2021, 11:46:00 PM6/24/21
to Google App Engine
From time to time, delays and errors peak, one of my players reported seeing 503 errors lately too, I suspect the network layer that's above App Engine acts up, those errors are not logged either

Since it's a PAAS, it's safe to ignore :D