How to best serve static files in Flask application ?

pca

May 27, 2020, 2:45:29 AM5/27/20
to Google App Engine
Should I configure static file handlers in app.yaml, or just use the static file facility of Flask ?  What is the impact on cost ?  The documentation does not say.

I have a python3 non-threadsafe application with very few users, so, I have max_concurrent_request = 1.  Would static file handlers reduce the number of instances generated by 1 user ?

Katayoon (Cloud Platform Support)

May 27, 2020, 12:57:56 PM5/27/20
to Google App Engine
In any case, serving static resources doesn't create instances and you have 28h of standard instance free per day for "F" instances and 9 free hours per day for "B" instances. The difference is that using the app.yaml configuration is language agnostic. However, keep in mind that the apps will be charged $ 0.026 per GB per month for any code and static data storage that exceeds 1 GB.