Reliability of urlfetch when dealing with servers in China?

Tony Yang

Mar 4, 2016, 5:40:01 AM3/4/16
to Google App Engine
I am creating an app involving urlfetch with China servers, and I am aware that google IPs are generally blocked in China.

Now based on my test results, urlfetch to China websites works without errors.

My question is, does that happen most of the time? And, if one day, China blocks urlfetch's source IPs (since it comes from a small range and probably don't change so often), will Google be responsible to change the IPs so that urlfetch can work normally?

In theory Google can choose from a very large pool randomly for urlfetch or just do urlfetch from the crawlers' IP. China won't block them.

Cheers,
Tony