Nodejs Websockets with standard environment

Pierre Gouthéraud

Nov 18, 2020, 11:40:20 AM11/18/20
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I have a Twitch chat bot on a nodejs app engine. I am connecting to Twitch through WebSocket but I get randomly disconnected from time to time. (It usually lasts at least multiple hours before disconnecting.)
Can this be related to the fact that I am not using the flex environment ?

Thank you,
Pierre.

Aditya

Nov 19, 2020, 8:55:17 PM11/19/20
to Google App Engine
The App Engine Standard Environment is capable of running reliably even under heavy load and with large amounts of data. You might want to consider modifying the scaling settings to suit your load. Disconnections can be caused due to several reasons, like latency triggering timeouts, or perhaps other network related issues. The flexible environment will automatically manage some settings, but your issue can probably be fixed after investigating the settings and logs.

sujesh thekkepatt

Nov 19, 2020, 10:18:08 PM11/19/20
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Standard environment does not support we sockets yet. https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/the-appengine-environments consider switching to flexible environment

Alex Fox

Jan 4, 2021, 5:02:05 AM1/4/21
to Google App Engine
I heard that websockets for standard env is in the works, do we have an estimated launch date or is it just a rumour?

nibrass

Jan 5, 2021, 11:53:43 AM1/5/21
to Google App Engine
Hello,

There is still no estimated launch date for the support of Websockets for App Engine Standard environment.

Please track the following feature request in Public Issue Tracker [1] for the future updates regarding this option in App Engine Standard.

Best Regards,

Nibrass